Service & Technical Support
Technical Assistance Center
How to Place a Service Call
All requests for service should be made through our Technical Assistance Center (TAC) at (800) 272-8465. The center is operational 24/7 to support all your needs. Once you make your selection from our in-bound calling tree, you will be asked for the serial number of the unit requiring service. This number is important in helping identify you as our customer and service records in our service information system.
USA Telephone Number: (800) 272-8465
International & USA Backup Number: (203) 602-3580
When opening a case, please have the following information available:
- The serial number and system model
- A detailed description of the activity that occurred immediately prior to the problem
- An accurate description of all error codes, messages, or on-screen events that happened during or immediately after the problem occurred
Important: Always use the telephone to contact the Technical Assistance Center for urgent issues.
Log a Support Request By Phone
Telephone support provides our customers the assistance they need 24/7/365.
1. Call the Fujifilm Technical Assistance Center.
2. Choose the product for which need support:
- Option 1 Medical Informatics and
- Option 1 Synapse PACS
- Option 2 Synapse Cardiovascular
- Option 3 Synapse RIS
- Option 4 Synapse VNA
- Option 2 Modality Solutions, DR, CR, US, X-Ray, Mammography, nondestructive testing processors
- Option 3 Imaging Products – Dry Pix, conventional processors
- Option 4 Clinical Consultants – Application Support
- Option 1 Clinical Support Team
- Option 2 PACS Administration, configuration, customization and maintenance
- Option 5 Customer Service, replacement parts and film
3. Be prepared to provide the following information to the Technical Support Engineer (TSE) at the beginning of the call: company/customer name, "SY" number (serial number), your name, your contact information (email addresses and telephone number).
4. The TSE will verify your maintenance contract information and begin to work with you on your support case.
5. For future reference, please make note of the support case number that is provided to you.
Log a Support Request By Email
As a convenient alternative to placing a telephone call to the TAC, customers can email the support teams for the assistance they need for non-urgent issues. Customers can expect a response within 24 hours Monday through Friday. You will receive a support case number when the case is opened.
- Modality Solutions - email@example.com
- Synapse PACS (including Synapse PACS options: Mobility, 3D, etc.) – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Synapse Cardiovascular – email@example.com
- Synapse RIS – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Synapse VNA (including Connext Mobile and Connext Web) – email@example.com
How Calls Are Handled within the Technical Assistance Center
The Technical Assistance Center (TAC) is staffed by Technical Support Engineers (TSEs) fully trained on the family of Fujifilm products. A TSE will answer the phone, create a support case for the serial number provided, and determine the warranty and contract status of the equipment. For out-of-warranty equipment and those without a support agreement, a purchase order or credit card will be required before support is provided. For warranty and contract units, the TSE will immediately triage the problem to determine the course of action. In many cases, the TSE will remain on the phone and solve the problem at that time. Our goal is to solve and correct all issues on a first-contact basis and close the case the same day.
Case Management for All Service Activity
The following information outlines the process if your concerns or questions about new or existing cases. The Technical Support Team receives and handle all customer concerns or inquiries and can raise your concerns regarding service cases within the Fujifilm Medical organization. The TAC is responsible for and has access to all Fujifilm Medical Corporate Resources to identify a solution for a customer problem. Please note that our TSEs work variable shifts and may not be on-shift when you call back. If this is the case, simply give your case number to the TSE who answers your call and he or she will be happy to assist you.
Guidelines for a New Case or Issue
The Technical Support Center is the first contact point for all your concerns and issues. The TSE will review the call case notes and provide information about your concern or transfer you to the correct department. If after speaking with Technical Support Center about a problem or concern, you do not feel that your problem has been given the urgency or priority the situation deserves, the following escalation process goes into effect:
- Please request that the call be transferred to a manager (08:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday).
- If a manager is not available, leave a detailed voicemail message on his or her line and request a call back using the "leave urgent" command. You should expect a call back within two hours during normal working hours.
Guidelines for an Existing Case or Issue
If you have an existing issue that needs to be escalated, please contact the TSE who is handling the case and request that your case be escalated to a manager. Since our TSEs are shift-based, you can request a status for your specific ID number by calling (800) 272-8465 (available 24/7) and speaking with the next available engineer, who can access your case record in our system. Any available TSE can give you an update. Your case can then be escalated to management by this TSE at your request. The manager will take the necessary steps to ensure that the case receives the appropriate attention.
Response Time Expectations
We strive to have each call answered immediately by a TSE with the appropriate skill set to solve your problem. However, in times of high call volume when all members of the team are busy helping customers, your call may be routed to a team member from a different technical focus so that a case may be created. In this circumstance, you can expect a return call within one hour.
Fujifilm dealers with an active support contract can place a part order by calling the Technical Assistance Center at (800) 272-8465. Part orders can be placed Monday–Friday between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. ET for same-day shipment (depending on availability).
If a service part is required and you can identify the part number, you can order parts by calling (800) 200-3854 or emailing the Parts Ordering Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The Parts Ordering Department is available Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET. If you need help identifying the part, please contact the TAC prior to contacting the Parts Ordering Department.
Customer Support Portal
Customer Support Portal
FUJIFILM has a web-enabled Customer Support Portal allowing customers to view open and closed ticket information, along with an overview of the installed products. Service requests (for Synapse products only) can also be placed through the Service Portal for non-urgent cases. There is a registration process that provides our customers a username and secure password for accessing the Service Portal, which will provide both call creation availability and complete site history.
For information on registering for the Customer Portal, please contact the Customer Solutions Center at email@example.com.